Prepare detailed drawings of architectural designs and plans for buildings and structures according to specifications provided by architect.
Architectural Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Architectural Technician to join our team.
- Updating computer based drawings;
- Electronic archiving of drawings received from consultants;
- Assisting in the preparation of tender documents;
- Liaising, co-ordinating with other departments regarding development works including Engineers, Surveyors, Buyers and the Construction team;
- Production of Building and site surveys from information provided by Site Engineers;
- The salary range for the role is 40-55k + car + bonus;
- Manage standard house type range with building regulation and specification changes;
- Liaising, co-ordinating with other departments regarding development works including Sales, Engineers, Surveyors, Buyers and the Construction team;
- Site surveys;
- Developing design proposals using AutoCAD, and traditional methods;
- Assisting members in other departments in their day-to-day duties;
- Manage Building Regs including applications and discharges;
- Assisting the Design Manager in preparing drawings for planning applications;
- Working closely with the engineering team and being the expert on everything above the ground;
- Preparing drawings, plans, and documents for statutory approvals.
- Ability to produce high quality construction drawings and detailing;
- Experience working on Retail projects would be ideal;
- Proficient user of AutoCAD;
- Drawing ability and competency in using programmes such as AutoCAD are essential, Revit would be very advantageous;
- Checking the progress of technical delivery;
- At least 3 years’ experience;
- Experience in producing Technical Drawings for Tender, Building Regulations and other statutory approvals;
- Knowledge of current UK building regulations;
- proficient with AutoCAD/ Revit;
- Strong construction knowledge including building regulations;
- Must be able to work alone;
- Proficiency in AutoCad, Revit beneficial;
- Highly motivated with an excellent work ethic;
- 8+ years experience;
- Completing complex technical packages in Aecosim.