Research, design, develop, or test automation, intelligent systems, smart devices, or industrial systems control.
Automation Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Automation Engineer to join our team.
- Supporting new tool introduction (End of arm tooling for Robots);
- Programming and development of 3+6 Axis automation equi;
- Developing the company manufacturing automation recapitalisation strategy;
- The management of the design, development, maintenance and troubleshooting of automated systems on site;
- Preparing detailed cost estimates and outline specifications;
- Production of HMI software;
- Carry out proactive maintenance and repair work to ensure the continued reliable operation of telemetry communication and automation systems;
- Familiarity with SCADA;
- Design of system architecture, network connections and interfaces primarily Ethernet, Devicenet, Profibus and Modbus;
- Confirming Good Engineering Practices (GEP) are employed in the design, installation and commissioning of assets;
- Conceptual design of integrated process systems;
- Writing detailed functional design specifications;
- Provide support and maintenance of automation software, ensuring all installations are compliant with regulatory requirements and MTPC at all times;
- Site installation and commissioning;
- Successful delivery of automation projects to meet strategic business objectives.
- A solid background in Automation and Controls is essential;
- Experience using Allen Bradley at least 3 years;
- Ideally HNC/Degree in appropriate technical discipline or equivalent;
- Proficient with safety PLC;
- Minimum of 5 years working within a high volume-manufacturing engineering environment;
- In-depth automation knowledge to include PLC programming and inverters and drives;
- Valid driver’s license;
- Maintenance and update of malware counter measures on the controls network;
- Proficient with PLC systems, Allen Bradley;
- valid passport;
- Strong organisational skills;
- Able to produce informative reports with best practice recommendations;
- Experience in leading multidiscipline engineering projects.