Behaviour Mentor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Behaviour Mentor to join our team.
- Assisting with the differentiation of lessons;
- Working alongside classroom teachers to support the behaviour of identified pupils;
- Assisting with inclusion activities;
- Be flexible and willing to work with students outside the classroom;
- Providing a positive role model for young people;
- Potentially working with small groups or in a 1:1 setting;
- Providing feedback and helping with assessments;
- Using de-escalation techniques to ensure pupils are calm and able to access the full range of education offered.
- Previous Teaching Assistant experience or Care experience desirable;
- Experience working with ASC, MLD, SLD or physical disabilities;
- Resilient, enthusiastic and nurturing personality;
- Be able to travel or live the Belper area;
- Taking initiative;
- Someone willing to stick at this role for the duration of the contract (January-July);
- Someone resilient and able to cope with oppositional behaviours.