CAD Design Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a CAD Design Technician to join our team.
- Mechanical and/or structural CAD design to support the operations team and facilities expansion plans;
- Work closely with the development and engineering teams to improve and develop CAD layout capabilities;
- Single point of contact for all CAD designs in the company;
- Design, order, receive, inspect and catalogue photolithography masks used for semiconductor wafer manufacturing;
- Develop automated scripting software to streamline basic designs.
- Extensive experience of Manufacturing Operations;
- Write up designs into Design Specifications;
- Complete relevant parts of O&M manuals;
- Knowledge of SolidWorks or similar 3D CAD package;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within a mechanical engineering CAD based role;
- Help develop system designs from customer specifications and fire strategies;
- Transpose system designs into CAD drawings;
- Knowledge using Autodesk Revit;
- Assist with development of designs in accordance with standards and codes of practice;
- Experience in any mechanical/construction/manufacturing discipline;
- Respond to customer design enquiries;
- Attend new works handover meetings with Estimating and Projects;
- Attend external customer design meetings;
- A engineering or design degree;
- Uploading of drawings to 3rd party hosting sites.