Develop specifications and instructions for installation of voltage transformers, overhead or underground cables, and related electrical equipment used to conduct electrical energy from transmission lines or high-voltage distribution lines to consumers.
CAD Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a CAD Technician to join our team.
- Taking client drawings and ideas from conception and converting them into CAD drawings;
- Organisation and time management to complete work to project deadlines;
- Improve/update the design of existing products as required;
- Managing/developing CAD drawings, 2D & 3D;
- Research materials, products and manufacturing relevant to the client;
- New product demonstrations internally and technical support for the company;
- Visit projects as and when required to measure dimensions and overview plans;
- Updating drawing register as necessary;
- To attend construction project design meetings;
- Producing CAD drawings on Autocad 2016;
- Reading and accurately interpreting electrical circuit diagrams;
- Creation of BOM’s to meet production requirements;
- Assisting with the creation of new and maintenance of existing Company templates as necessary;
- To produce 3D scans ready for export to the website;
- To be an enthusiastic team player capable of meeting deadlines and going the extra mile to ensure timely project completions.
- Good time management skills;
- Good IT skills (including Microsoft Office);
- The ability to cope with the pressure of deadlines;
- Able to work on own initiative;
- Some Visio experience would be advantageous;
- A minimum qualification of an HND or HNC in Engineering or similar;
- A detail orientated person who can understand 2D drawings;
- Able to work methodically and accurately;
- Proficient user of AutoCAD;
- Excellent organisational skills and able to prioritise workload;
- Basic AutoCAD experience;
- Good IT skills, including MS Office;
- Be able to prioritise work to meet production deadlines;
- Experience in interior fit-outs;
- Experience in AutoCAD.