Calibration Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Calibration Engineer to join our team.
- Supporting process improvement and functional development;
- Providing on the job training and mentoring at all levels as and when required;
- Ensuring that mandatory and legislative QH&S/HS&E aspects of work are implemented at all times;
- Develop uncertainty budgets and traceability trees to support test performance and accreditation requirements;
- Establish a Calibration Management System which can provide the functionalities of tracking calibrated items in an auditable fashion;
- Create and develop simple to understand metrics which cater to all users of the calibrated instruments;
- undertaking dimensional calibration inspections, measurements properly to the correct procedures, instructions and specifications.
- Demonstrable engineering experience in testing and numerical processing;
- Excellent mathematical / analytical skills;
- Educated to at least degree level in a relevant discipline;
- Experience of calibration and certification requirements and processes;
- Excellent IT Skills; knowledge of numerical data processing packages such as Excel, Diadem, R, SQL or MATLAB;
- Knowledge and experience of applying good practice engineering design, procedures and tools;
- Strong work ethic along in addition to good communication and IT skills;
- Previous experience in instrumentation calibrations to ISO standards;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and produce quality results;
- Works well as part of a small team.