Design chemical plant equipment and devise processes for manufacturing chemicals and products, such as gasoline, synthetic rubber, plastics, detergents, cement, paper, and pulp, by applying principles and technology of chemistry, physics, and engineering.
Chemical Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Chemical Engineer to join our team.
- Provide cover for Plant Manager, Plant Support and Production Planner when required;
- Ensure all goods are managed on SAP;
- Organise surveys to ensure compliance with regulations (Noise, Legionella dust etc.);
- Raise and approve all Safe Systems Of Work and Permits To Work;
- Ensure instruments are calibrated;
- Respond to Emergency Alarms within silent hours;
- Carrying out inspections;
- Report incidents and complete relevant documentation and procedures for corrective actions;
- Minimise breakdown periods by ensuring all chemical equipment maintenance is completed effectively and efficiently;
- Ensure all maintenance activities are performed in compliance with all legislation and policies and procedures;
- Managed and implement new refurbishment and engineering projects.
- Fault finding and problem-solving for breakdowns;
- Competent in raw materials,chemicals, semi-finished goods management on SAP;
- Managements of engineers and contractors;
- Experienced with the production processes and products.