CI/CD Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a CI/CD Engineer to join our team.
- Design and implement mechanisms that efficiently identify and report software security risks within the existing CI/CD pipeline;
- Work with the management of engineering teams to surface the security metrics from security tools that is meaningful to them;
- Work with the GRC team to ensure that necessary regulatory controls are implemented;
- Help engineering teams leverage all security tools and understand how to benefit from them;
- Design, deploy and administer security monitoring tools for the security aspects of the CI/CD pipeline;
- Listen to engineering teams and gather their feedback on how to improve the security tools in the CI/CD pipeline.
- Strong and clear communication skills, both verbal and written;
- A passion for helping development teams, an interest in software security, and the desire to embrace the challenge of combining the two;
- Experience installing, configuring, operating and monitoring CI/CD pipeline tools e.g. Github, CircleCI, Quay.io, Jenkins;
- Experience working with and securing microservices in multiple languages;
- 5-10 years experience;
- Experience of extracting metrics and events from security tooling;
- Experience installing, configuring, operating and monitoring software security pipeline tools e.g. SAST, DAST, OSS scanning, container scanning;
- Strong grasp of infra-as-a-code and configuration tools, e.g.: Ansible/Chef, for the purpose of deploying security tooling;
- Experience integrating multiple tools together to create pipelines.