Perform engineering duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures, and facilities, such as roads, railroads, airports, bridges, harbors, channels, dams, irrigation projects, pipelines, power plants, and water and sewage systems.
Civil Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Civil Engineer to join our team.
- Construct project teams from internal and external resources;
- Agree design philosophy / design fundamentals;
- Represent the company at external meetings with clients and fellow professionals;
- Assist in negotiating fee proposals and requesting additional fees;
- Work with the Principal Engineer to ensure accurate budgetary management;
- Prepare FRAs, pre-planning advice, feasibility studies and documentation to support planning applications;
- Feasibility reporting, detailed design and contract preparation of engineering works contracts;
- Undertake site visits, surveys and inspections of sites;
- Prepare contract documentation and specifications, liaising with consultants and contractors;
- Site supervision and contract management of works;
- Review, check and approve designs prepared by others;
- Detailed design and analysis of structures such as under track crossings, level crossings, retaining structures and foundations;
- Help to develop and monitor junior engineers and technicians;
- Be proficient in the use of relevant technical analysis, design software and AutoCAD;
- Design of infrastructure for commercial, retail, residential and industrial sectors including SUDS drainage systems, roads to adoptable standards.
- Knowledge of storm and foul water drainage network design using MicroDrainage;
- Knowledge of Flood Risk Assessments would be beneficial;
- 5 years experience in highways and drainage works in UK;
- Bachelor or Master Degree in Civil Engineering;
- Drainage, piling and temporary works experience is essential;
- Able to successfully communicate with suppliers, clients, contractors, the public and other engineers within the company;
- Knowledge of and design capability for SUDS systems;
- Experience of S38, S278,S104, S185, S278 agreements;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Conversant with highway layouts (vertical and horizontal alignments);
- Full clean driving license;
- Working knowledge of NR/L2/CIV/003;
- Experience with Permanent and Temporary Works Designs;
- Competent in using AutoCAD for general civil engineering drawing production, CIV3D;
- Experience of preparing calculations, drawings and reports.