Electrical/Electronic Design Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Electrical/Electronic Design Engineer to join our team.
- Author manuals and test procedures;
- Support the integration of test software with test hardware;
- Participate in design reviews;
- Integrate electrical/electronic hardware with units under test;
- Produce/verify design documentation;
- Perform detail design and commissioning in accordance with requirements.
- Experience in electrical/electronic hardware design, development, commissioning or integration;
- Qualified to HNC level in an electronic/engineering discipline or equivalent knowledge and experience;
- Good written and oral communication skills;
- Proficiency using the Microsoft Office suite of software;
- Good working knowledge of analogue and digital electronics;
- Knowledge of working within a ISO 9001, AS9100 or IATF certified develop environment;
- Ability to test electrical / electronic control and power systems and analyse data;
- Hold discussions at high level with customers and suppliers;
- Understanding of CANbus and similar communication standards / protocols;
- Computer literate with working knowledge and application of Microsoft Office applications and preferably SolidWorks;
- Documenting technical findings and performance results in technical reports and presentations as required;
- Carrying out feasibility studies for new technical innovations;
- Have a good understanding, validating and supporting DFMEA, PFMEA activities for various projects and products;
- Appreciation of connector technology;
- Appreciation of protection against atmospheric extremes.