Electrical Systems Design Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Electrical Systems Design Engineer to join our team.
- Demonstrate your electrical knowledge designing, verifying and testing electrical systems;
- Be willing to occasionally travel internationally to support customer / supplier meetings;
- Use your knowledge of the product development lifecycle to provide technical support to the team and the wider business;
- Managing the testing and commissioning of systems;
- Work in a team environment delivering products to cost and schedule;
- Preparing and reviewing electrical schematics and BOMs for new prototype equipment;
- Be familiar with technologies in Power switching and control circuitry;
- Producing and reviewing layout design for equipment enclosures and panels from schematics to a high quality;
- Producing Electrical Design from specifications;
- Maintenance and upgrade of existing legacy remote handling equipment and managing any pre-existing issues;
- Have the ability to interface directly with customers as presenter or reviewer of technical information;
- Defining Electrical Systems requirements and specifications. Generating layout designs and overseeing detailed design drawings.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university/college or equivalent qualification or equivalent level of knowledge and experience;
- Exposures to performing root cause analysis of hardware issues;
- Knowledge of electrical product design and development activities;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills.