Design, develop, or evaluate energy-related projects or programs to reduce energy costs or improve energy efficiency during the designing, building, or remodeling stages of construction. May specialize in electrical systems; heating, ventilation, and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems; green buildings; lighting; air quality; or energy procurement.
Energy Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Energy Engineer to join our team.
- Support the energy monitoring & metering project and act as SPOC for future projects with an energy focus;
- Ensure site compliance to ISO 50001;
- Ensure Project Design meets Energy Efficient Design (EED) for New / Upgrades builds to Site, National and Company Global Building Standards;
- Establish and support site department energy teams and champions to ensure energy is a core part of people roles and responsibilities;
- Be proactive in identifying energy improvement initiative and cost savings.
- Good understanding of building services (ie HVAC and Electrical), London Plan compliance, Part L, low or zero carbon technologies, CfSH and BREEAM;
- At least three years’ experience as an Energy Engineer;
- Able to use IES or EDSL Tas to produce EPC’s;
- Able to work with little supervision and carry out a client facing role.