Perform laboratory and field tests to monitor the environment and investigate sources of pollution, including those that affect health, under the direction of an environmental scientist, engineer, or other specialist. May collect samples of gases, soil, water, and other materials for testing.
Environmental Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Environmental Technician to join our team.
- Support consultants and technologists in preparing technical reports and data entry, by recording the results from field work undertaken;
- Undertake site work, including air monitoring for dusts and gases;
- Contribute to the technical delivery of projects, providing support and guidance to other teams and disciplines;
- Collaborate and support colleagues and team members on projects, tasks and site work;
- Remediation –supervision of hotspot removal and other remedial works, validation sampling and environmental monitoring.
- Minimum 3 A Levels (ideally science related);
- Fit to carry out on-site testing (equipment may need to be carried);
- Presentable, flexible and punctual;
- IT Literate;
- Good communicator – both written and verbal;
- Full clean UK driving licence as travel will be required;
- Science based degree;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Existing competencies in the construction industry (CSCS & PTS) will be looked on favourably.