Fleet Administrator assists in the administration and coordination of the organization’s fleet of motor vehicles. Maintains accurate records of vehicles. Being a Fleet Administrator ensures compliance with government rules and regulations and files paperwork in support of this compliance as needed. Schedules repairs or preventative maintenance, ensuring that the necessary numbers of fleet vehicles are available at all times. Additionally, Fleet Administrator prior knowledge of DMV policies and procedures is preferred. Requires an associate degree. Typically reports to a supervisor. To be a Fleet Administrator typically requires 1-3 years of related experience. May be entry level if some experience in the skill. Gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision.
Fleet Administrator Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Fleet Administrator to join our team.
- Updating finance details onto product records;
- Reporting of all breakdowns, ensuring all necessary paper work is kept up to date;
- General administration;
- Issuing and collating documentation to and from drivers;
- Working closely with the company mechanic and main dealers to keep the fleet on the road;
- You may be required to complete other ad hoc duties from time to time;
- Ensuring a high level of customer service is always maintained;
- Data entry;
- Maintain accurate records;
- Preparing correspondence;
- Assist with holiday cover within the Internal Sales Team when necessary;
- In conjunction with FD, order and allocate all company cars;
- Vehicle and driver compliance;
- Ensuring all vehicle paper work is up to date and compliant including MOT’s, Services etc;
- Assist with periodic sales campaigns involving the Development team and the Internal Sales team.
- Experienced in handling multi tasks with successful outcomes;
- Proven track record in fleet management;
- Strong numeric and accuracy skills;
- The ability to manage conflicting priorities;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Must be IT literate and have an interest in and general understanding of IT systems/infrastructure;
- Communication skills;
- MS office competency;
- Must be pro-active and solution focused;
- Good customer service skills;
- Provide effective administration on general fleet operations and processes that support the fleet strategy, policies and accountability;
- Confident, clear and strong communication skills – both written and verbal;
- Previous fleet and facilities management support experience is essential;
- Can demonstrate their understanding and practical application of fleet management activities.