Fleet Manager manages the operation and maintenance of the organization’s motor vehicles. Oversees DOT compliance and reporting as it relates to the fleet. Being a Fleet Manager develops and implements vehicle and equipment preventive maintenance programs. Manages fleet department budgets. Additionally, Fleet Manager develops and maintains outside vendor and service provider relationships. May require an associate degree. Typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Fleet Manager typically manages through subordinate managers and professionals in larger groups of moderate complexity. Provides input to strategic decisions that affect the functional area of responsibility. May give input into developing the budget. Capable of resolving escalated issues arising from operations and requiring coordination with other departments. To be a Fleet Manager typically requires 3+ years of managerial experience.
Fleet Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Fleet Manager to join our team.
- Review Fleet – low usage and no usage;
- Verify Estimates for fleet repairs, review and compare to ensure budget control;
- Daily vehicle maintenance checks;
- Manage in life and off hire fleet damage;
- Manage the on hire and off hire process;
- Monitor fleet suppliers;
- Management of customer expectations and priorities. This includes our own HCL vehicles, understanding that this is a 24-hour operation;
- Management of team consisting of 8-12 technicians;
- You may be required to complete other ad hoc duties from time to time;
- Working closely with the company mechanic and main dealers to keep the fleet on the road;
- Interface with HCL Office to manage the needs of our customers (contracts, finance, product performance, demand planning, retrofit planning, etc.);
- Observe, develop, implement and train within the specifications of the regional customer service strategy;
- Any other responsibility regarding the fleet, drivers and compliance;
- Maintain accurate records;
- Vehicle and driver compliance.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective relationships;
- Full CClean UK driving licence;
- Transport Manager CPC qualification;
- Commercial Fleet / BDM Director should be an effective leader who can manage a team and drive a vision and strategy forward;
- Ambitious self-starter who can manage competing priorities;
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with the ability to work and interact at all levels of HCL’s organisation;
- Extensive customer service experience in trucking, heavy haulage equipment or equivalent industry experience.