Research or develop geospatial technologies. May produce databases, perform applications programming, or coordinate projects. May specialize in areas such as agriculture, mining, health care, retail trade, urban planning, or military intelligence.
GIS Analyst Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a GIS Analyst to join our team.
- Setting up new servers and cloning servers;
- Data manipulation with external databases, internal program databases and Microsoft excel;
- Amending planned information and design standards;
- Run the GeoServer and set up the GeoServer for new clients;
- Process improvement and documentation;
- Preparation and analysis of reports;
- Source information for the mapping software;
- Fix patches in the server;
- Producing accurate work to agreed deadlines;
- Maintaining virtual servers;
- Owning executing and delivery planning requirements within a geographic region;
- Inputting relevant data into the software to create full network coverage maps;
- Plot and design current and new networks for future projects.
- Telecoms background coupled with planning would be an advantage;
- Awareness of Radio Frequency propagation including Line of Sight links is desirable;
- Working knowledge of excel;
- GIS qualification essential;
- Knowledge and use of ATDI ICS designer software and a background understanding of a GIS suite such as QGIS is desirable but not essential.