Research, design, develop, or test computer or computer-related equipment for commercial, industrial, military, or scientific use. May supervise the manufacturing and installation of computer or computer-related equipment and components.
Hardware Design Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Hardware Design Engineer to join our team.
- To co-ordinate and participate in benchmark activities such as research, record and present customer profiles and trends;
- To investigate and be updated on new hardware design methods and techniques;
- Prepare and present technical reports, design proposals and functional specifications to customers and management;
- Ensure activities and timescales agreed with Yazaki Project Management are met;
- Ensure all project deliverables and timelines meet required standards with high quality;
- Discuss electronics hardware design strategies, procedures and solutions with customer;
- Interface with component suppliers to assure cost efficient and high quality product performance;
- Evaluate chosen design directions and confirm their suitability;
- Preparing and issuing of documentation of the electronics hardware design, evaluation, release, etc;
- Responsible for overall product Hardware Architecture;
- Design responsibility of Hardware Electronic developments from concept through to mass production;
- To evaluate and select hardware test, evaluation and development tools;
- Ensuring designs have appropriate test coverage for development and manufacture and that designs meet appropriate regulatory compliance;
- Full product lifecycle involvement from early conceptual studies through to manufacturing support post-release.
- Self-sufficient, self-motivated and excellent team-player;
- Microprocessor for embedded applications;
- DFMEA and FTA;
- Previous experience of Hardware Electronic development design;
- Knowledge of PCB, Smart MOSFET and LED technologies;
- Knowledgeable in the EMC field, especially best layout practice for EMC compliance;
- Experience of supporting projects from RFQ to mass production;
- Innovation and drive;
- Very good Knowledge of electronics components market cost levels (design to cost);
- Good knowledge of PCB layout (Cadence Allegro Layout preferred);
- Good understanding of electronics manufacturing (design for manufacturing, design for testing);
- Suitable candidates will be educated to degree level in Electronic Engineering (or equivalent) with demonstrable and relevant industry experience;
- Knowledge on the specific requirements of automotive electronics;
- Knowledge of thermal management of power electronic devices at PCB level;
- Good knowledge with hardware design tools for schematics capture and simulation (preferably Mentor Graphics and PSPICE).