The Lead Architect directly manages the development of architectural designs and preliminary construction details. Manages and supervises all related activities of a staff of architects and technicians. Being a Lead Architect directs development of new methods or techniques. Ensures architectural design work is completed on time and adheres to the established specifications and standards. In addition, Lead Architect may prepare project schedules, bids, or proposals. Requires a bachelor’s degree. Requires an state architect’s license. Typically reports to a head of a unit/department. The Lead Architect manages a departmental sub-function within a broader departmental function. Creates functional strategies and specific objectives for the sub-function and develops budgets/policies/procedures to support the functional infrastructure. Working as a Lead Architect typically requires 5+ years of managerial experience. Deep knowledge of the managed sub-function and solid knowledge of the overall departmental function.
Lead Architect Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Lead Architect to join our team.
- Responsible for application and data level enterprise architecture across the UK business;
- Experience of the Microsoft database technology stack (SQL Server, T-SQL, SSIS);
- Strong understanding of SDLC with Microsoft technologies and be able to understand integration, data and deployment patterns;
- Proven experience of defining, implementing and maintaining architectural decision processes;
- Be able to deliver on architectural blueprints, defining and maintain architectural principles and decision-making governance;
- Assisting with key stakeholders and be comfortable engaging and presenting to other stakeholders within the business;
- Experience of guiding development teams;
- Knowledge of Microsoft .NET and associated technology stacks;
- Take charge of complex technical and/or architectural concepts;
- Responsible for delivery of architectural change and reviewing/approving solution designs based on their alignment with the architectural roadmap;
- Strong people leadership and coordination ability – plus the ability to gain credibility quickly within a business;
- Knowledge of ETL technologies (Alteryx, SnapLogic, etc.);
- Technically astute in the area of applications, integration services, data and security.
- Lead Architect – Data Architect – Architect – Power Bi – Business Intelligence – Data – Simcorp – IBOR – Investment Book Of Records – Master Data Mana.