Design, integrate, or improve manufacturing systems or related processes. May work with commercial or industrial designers to refine product designs to increase producibility and decrease costs.
Manufacturing Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Manufacturing Engineer to join our team.
- Conducting feasibility study to estimate product cost and analyze capital equipment, capacity, and capability requirements;
- Maximizing the canning line output whilst ensuring product quality and integrity;
- Lead identification of root cause analysis and implementation of effective CAPAs;
- Review manufacturing processes to achieve cost-reductions, quality improvements and efficiency recovery;
- Support capex proposals and where required lead these through approval to project completion;
- Source suppliers and partners to challenge the status quo;
- Design and develop HTS coil fabrication and manufacturing tooling processes;
- Provide support to the manufacturing teams and lines;
- Budget creation and justification (ROI);
- Delivery of CI projects to deliver step change improvements;
- Visual Work instructions (VWI) or Standard operating instructions (SOP);
- Technical process expert for area of responsibility;
- Support production throughout the manufacturing process;
- Support the prototype build, contribute to the prototype build review lessons learnt and facilitate the feedback loop to design;
- Justify the return on any investment delivering an easily measureable ROI on each project or capital investment.
- Lean / Six Sigma knowledge;
- Working knowledge of Team centre and NX;
- Familiar with the use of PFMEA, DFMEA, Risk (hazard) analysis;
- Have a good understanding of engineering drawings;
- Ideally come from a machine shop background;
- Excellent communication skills – Written, Verbal, Social;
- Working to establish PLM process;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- HNC / Degree in a relevant Engineering or Science discipline with at least 2-4 years relevant engineering experience;
- Practical engineering experience desirable;
- Graduate in Manufacturing Engineering – HND, BEng, Meng and/or 2 -3 years of relevant experience;
- Ability to work using Metric and Imperial;
- Assist identification, specification and purchase of required capital equipment;
- Basic Quality control system;
- Solid work software working knowledge.