Manufacturing Technician I operates production equipment; responsible for manufacturing and assembly of clinical and commercial products. Follows blueprints, guidelines and/or diagrams to ensure product specifications and tolerance levels are met. Being a Manufacturing Technician I maintains required records of production and reports any inconsistencies or equipment issues following standard procedures. Typically requires an associate degree. Additionally, Manufacturing Technician I typically reports to a supervisor. The Manufacturing Technician I gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision. To be a Manufacturing Technician I typically requires 1-3 years of related experience.
Manufacturing Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Manufacturing Technician to join our team.
- Keeping the production area clean and organized;
- Collecting, preparing and setting-up equipment and raw materials;
- Operating analytical/test equipment;
- Working carefully according to EH&S and Quality guidelines;
- Production and processing of chemical products;
- Accurately recording of all process tasks;
- Contributing ideas and participating in Continuous Improvement project;
- Supporting the testing / commissioning / debugging of integrated robotic sub-systems, including documentation;
- Testing / commissioning of integrated electro-mechanical assemblies using pre-defined instructions;
- Assembly and test of integrated robotic arms and other sub-systems;
- Assembly of electro-mechanical sub-systems (e.g. robotic joints) following manufacturing instructions.
- Willingness to learn new skills and adapt to new working methods;
- Ability to carry out tasks with good attention to detail;
- Good teamwork skills;
- Ability to accurately follow work instructions and record information;
- Good personal timekeeping;
- Open and effective communication;
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work as part of a larger team;
- Effective written and verbal communication skills;
- Practical hands-on mechanical ability & problem solving;
- GCSE/HNC level in Maths, English, and Science with grades A-C/8-4 or equivalent, although this is not essential;
- Organised and Punctual;
- Ability to work with and without direct supervision;
- Ability to work to deadlines with an attention to detail;
- Previous production or factory experience would be beneficial but it’s not essential;
- Scientific background, with Science and Maths A-levels desirable.