Perform engineering duties in planning and designing tools, engines, machines, and other mechanically functioning equipment. Oversee installation, operation, maintenance, and repair of equipment such as centralized heat, gas, water, and steam systems.
Mechanical Design Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer to join our team.
- Designing site-specific equipment as required;
- Creation, review and approval of procedures and manuals for testing, operating and maintaining tooling;
- Input to the annual appraisal of Design Engineers and Design Draughting personnel to their respective line managers;
- Detail checking work of others;
- Providing technical assistance to project teams during the installation and commissioning phases of the projects;
- Generating drawings and models for parts and assembly;
- Knowledge of FMEA lead design processes;
- To provide practical and cost effective solutions to design change and modification for individual order requirements;
- Undertake additional responsibilities and tasks as required;
- Visiting customers to determine technical requirements for special products;
- Offer creative thinking within cost and time restraints;
- Follow design verification plans to validate concepts and designs in line with test procedures;
- Comply with all Company policies, procedures and work instructions, including health and safety;
- Carrying out testing of pneumatic products;
- Offer cost effective and creative design solutions to the manufacturability of the equipment.
- 2 years Autodesk Inventor and Vault user (essential);
- Well versed in 3D CAD Parametric modelling & FEA simulation (Siemens NX Cad and simulations tools and advantage);
- Experience in the full life-cycle design process, from early concept through to production;
- Show ambition and the desire to work in the industry;
- Good knowledge AutoCAD;
- Able to use 2D Autocad;
- Liaison with customers and suppliers;
- Experience of undertaking technical calculations;
- Experience of working within a multi –skilled environment (i.e. knowledge of mechanical and pneumatic components);
- IT proficient – (Especially Excel);
- Experience of working with customers or suppliers;
- Friendly and approachable attitude;
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time;
- Automation Experience is a MUST;
- Must have a degree in building services or mechanical engineering.