Mechanical Systems Design Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Mechanical Systems Design Engineer to join our team.
- Collating information for the ‘as built’ drawing packs;
- Draught layout systems drawings for production;
- When required, oversee testing, installation and repair of yacht systems;
- Creating and updating parts lists and bills of materials for production and purchasing;
- Confer with production personnel in order to clarify or resolve problems and to develop designs;
- Collating and organising information for the use of the Mechanical and Systems department;
- Assisting the engineering department to ensure efficient methods of production are maintained.
- Good communication and written presentation skills;
- Good knowledge of 3D modelling with Siemens NX;
- Good attention to detail and the ability to work to demanding schedules;
- Knowledge and understanding of Marine Engineering systems;
- Current working knowledge of applicable boat design standards, rules and regulations are desirable.