Conduct sub-surface surveys to identify the characteristics of potential land or mining development sites. May specify the ground support systems, processes and equipment for safe, economical, and environmentally sound extraction or underground construction activities. May inspect areas for unsafe geological conditions, equipment, and working conditions. May design, implement, and coordinate mine safety programs.
Planning Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Planning Engineer to join our team.
- Compiling cost and resource forecast data;
- Effective working with other planners to develop an integrated programme;
- Cooperation with the Project Controls and Change Management in all related construction programme matters;
- Create and maintain project schedules that support and align with project requirements;
- To prepare comprehensive site layouts sequences and prepare presentations as necessary;
- To liaise with clients, designers, subcontractors, suppliers and local authorities and undertakings on all matters relating to planning;
- Create and Manage numerous Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) In Primavera P6;
- Undertake regular site visits and checks to ensure short term plans are implemented;
- Update progress and production of variance reports as required including critical path and earned value analysis and mitigation proposals;
- Maintain short term and look ahead programmes;
- Provide a clear, visible, accurate and transparent account of the project critical path analysis;
- Implementation of Company procedures;
- Analyse critical path and constraints to determine effect of changes to schedule and recommend work-around;
- Perform project related reporting to the Project team and management on a monthly basis to ensure that the project stays on time and within budget;
- Presentation and negotiations of programme entitlement for additional works where necessary.
- Knowledge/experience of planning and monitoring processes through various stages of the project lifecycle;
- Experience using Primavera P6 inc. full cost and material loading;
- Experience in Earned Value Management techniques and reporting,
- Confident in facilitating workshops to develop detailed project plans and for progress monitoring / reporting,
- Be knowledgeable in working with MS Projects or Primavera and capability to create plans from scratch;
- Degree level/HNC/HND qualification in a M&E or Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering;
- Significant Primavera P6 experience;
- Understanding of Engineering Principles;
- Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system, P6);
- An ability to work in a partnering environment with the client;
- Experienced or knowledgeable of resourcing, progress measurement, Earned Value Analysis, completion forecasting and status reporting;
- Posses excellent report writing and presentation skills;
- experience within a similar role with a main contractor in built environment;
- Awareness of NEC Form of Contract and Subcontract;
- Have an understanding of Risk management.