Production Team Leader I oversees, monitors, and coordinates production team activities, giving importance to individual member’s and overall team’s achievement of established goals. Ensures team’s goals are aligned with and representative of the overall company’s directive. Being a Production Team Leader I acts as liaison between team members and the rest of the organization. May require an associate degree or its equivalent. Additionally, Production Team Leader I typically reports to a manager or supervisor. To be a Production Team Leader I typically requires 1-3 years of related experience. May be entry level if some experience in the skill. Gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision.
Production Team Leader Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Production Team Leader to join our team.
- Ensure production is compliant to all legal and technical requirements;
- Effective early communication of issues to the team;
- Assisting in the effective implementation of lean manufacturing techniques within the production area;
- Coordinating material to allocate work and enable people to work effectively;
- Ensure that your workers comply with company jewellery regulations;
- Assisting in the implementation and maintenance of housekeeping and safe working practices within the production area;
- Set work for production team daily and run team production meetings;
- Maintain very tidy and organised production line;
- Ensure the continued implementation of the departments Quality Procedures;
- Tracking and monitoring the production team performance;
- Construct a profitable and organised production line;
- Ensure daily plan is completed in full;
- Ensure people are driving pallet trucks safely, making proper use of horn; report violations to supervisors;
- Assist Production Manager with pre-productions within the area, obtain accurate information to ensure a smooth and effective working day;
- Ensure you and your team know all the safety features of any machinery being operated and how to operate emergency stops.
- Trained, competent and experienced in Permit to Work systems, risk assessments and method statements;
- Ability to read engineering drawings and specifications;
- Ability to prioritise with effective time management and organizational skills;
- Ability to plan and implement small run production;
- Min 3 years’ experience of operating in a fast moving production environment;
- Competent using Microsoft office;
- Minimum 1 to 2 years’ experience within a supervisory role. (Preferred);
- Experience in a team leader position;
- An understanding and knowledge of engineering costings;
- GCSE grades of B or above;
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering qualification;
- Background in production engineering;
- At least 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing or FMCG environment;
- Competent user of electronic maintenance management systems;
- Experience of working on a COMAH site.