Project Engineer (Civil/Structural) Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Project Engineer (Civil/Structural) to join our team.
- Assist in the compilation and monitoring of project programmes and ensure milestone dates are met;
- Correctly interpret, clarify and implement customers building designs and specification requirements in accordance with the project programme;
- Liaise with other team members, local authorities and third party consultants to obtain all statutory approvals;
- Compile and issue to the Senior Project Buyer detailed scopes of works for all specialist sub-contract requirements;
- Allocate costs appropriate to the elements of work to be undertaken;
- Provide a full civil and ground-works design, supervision and inspection service.
- Relationship Management – be able to forge strong working relationships with others both within and external to the Company;
- Time Management – working to deadlines and self managing workload to achieve them;
- Thorough understanding and working knowledge of Local Authority Processes for Planning. Submissions and Building Control Approvals;
- Recognised industry experience;
- Communication – good communicator with verbal discussions and in written documents;
- IT literate (Microsoft Office);
- Degree/HNC in Building Design or Civil/Structural Engineering;
- Excellent Auto Cad skills;
- Site surveying / levelling;
- Full UK driving licence;
- Planning and Organising – methodical and structured in approach;
- Recognised Building Design or Civil / Structural background;
- Embracing Change – never standing still;
- Understanding of Building Regulations;
- Customer Focus – understanding the needs of internal & external customers.