Proposals Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Proposals Engineer to join our team.
- Carry out site surveys to scope items of plant and associated equipment required;
- Arrange technical and commercial bid meetings as necessary;
- Responsible for preparation of technical and commercial qualifications and ensuring these are incorporated in proposal;
- The production of accurate tenders in the relevant time periods;
- Conduct internal briefings as necessary;
- Carefully plan, with the other Estimating staff and the Estimating Manager, the best use of resources available within and outside your department;
- Undertake post submission clarification of proposal and revisions to proposal following changes to client’s requirements;
- Ensuring proposals are accurate, well presented and issued on time;
- Technical ability and understanding of building services;
- Co-ordinate (or prepare) the physical elements of the proposal, ensuring such meets with client requirements or is suitably qualified;
- Responsible for issue of RFQ’s to subcontractors and analysis of their response as appropriate;
- Ensure that all documentation is completed accurately and/or revised to ensure quality levels are maintained to the required standard;
- Responsible for preparation of pricing and budget, including costing resources, verification of resource requirements and scheduling;
- To prepare hand over documentation for the Contracts Department for successful tenders;
- The role is to produce accurate tenders by the required deadlines and assist in the smooth running of the Estimating Department.
- HNC / Degree / Post Graduate Degree in Engineering or a science related subject preferred;
- AutoCAD or 3D Solidworks experience would be advantageous but not essential;
- Experience working in a similar Engineering environment;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.