Quantity Surveyor – Main Contractor Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Quantity Surveyor – Main Contractor to join our team.
- Responsibility for agreeing monthly valuations with Client;
- Cost control and management of design and build project;
- Budget control / materials management;
- Ability to manage subcontractors accounts/interim valuations;
- Preparation and Management of Subcontracts suppliers and material Procurement Schedules;
- Procurement of sub-contractors and suppliers;
- Preparation of Internal Costs / Value reports on a monthly basis;
- Ability to negotiate with contractors, suppliers with a view to agree final accounts.
- Well-presented and professional with a flexible approach to work;
- Excellent client relationship skills;
- Knowledge of Buildsoftor Cubit;
- Previous experience as a Senior Quantity Surveyor / Quantity Surveyor with 8+ years of experience with a main contractor;
- Willingness to show initiative and drive in addition to being a team player;
- Good communicator and excellent analytical capabilities;
- Excellent IT skills, in particular advanced Excel with a keen interest to develop their skills further;
- Experience working towards tight deadlines and budgets, dealing with interim payments;
- Experience in pricing projects.