Research, design, develop, or test automation, intelligent systems, smart devices, or industrial systems control.
Senior Design Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Design Engineer to join our team.
- Reviewing client building packages;
- Weekly report to the Deputy Project Director;
- Produce all documentation for manufacturing-related to Engineering and Design;
- Leading and managing new designs and improving/updating existing products using 3D CAD;
- Quality verification;
- Help to create new products including mechanical components, assemblies, and fixtures;
- Responsible for all aspects of engineering related to customer needs and standard products, including safety, performance, integrity and cost;
- Identifying and mitigating high risk items through the customer-back innovation process;
- Optimise existing high volume products focusing on Design for Manufacture, reduced material cost and improved performance;
- Ensure that all products are designed in accordance with customer requirements, company practice and recognised engineering standards;
- To collaborate fully with Manufacturing, Production Engineering, Purchasing, Quality and the Project Manager on new product launches;
- Closely works with Strategic sourcing, Production Engineering, Sales and Quality Departments;
- Undertake and record calculations on studies to validate the design;
- Work seamlessly with Application Engineer to develop and produce prototypes;
- Detail drawings and BoMs.
- Mechanical Engineering HNC or Degree or equivalent;
- The role would suit candidates with 5-10 years post qualification experience in infrastructure and bulk earthworks design;
- Well organised and proactive work ethic;
- Experience working within a similar role;
- Ability to read technical drawings and use 3D Design software;
- Relevant mechanical engineering education, or training;
- Good understanding of mechanical components, assemblies, and fixtures;
- Environmental testing of new products;
- Able to design components and assemblies and generate BOM’s and support documentation;
- HNC/Degree , MSc in Mechanical Engineering or related subject;
- Driving license and car essential due to location;
- Confident in liaising with customers UK and Overseas in large defence organisations and suppliers, throughout the Product life Cycle;
- Fully experienced in CAD 2D and 3D systems, ideally AutoCAD Inventor or experience in Solid Works and able to quickly adapt to AutoCAD;
- FE Analysis would be an advantage.