Senior EC&I Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior EC&I Engineer to join our team.
- Ensure safety of working environment via design;
- Management of design reviews to ensure solutions meet requirements;
- Ability to work in UK and eligible to gain BPSS and CTC vetting (minimum security clearance);
- Preparation of technical specifications and requirements in liaison with client and project or tender teams;
- Active contribution to design & safety reviews (Risk Assessments & HAZOP’s) from technical standpoint;
- Responsible for adherence to internal procedures and external standards and directives;
- Creating designs that are compliant with safety regulations (e.g. CDM and CE marking);
- Preparation, checking or approval of design calculations and reports for substantiation of designs;
- Preparation of installation, commissioning and operating documents;
- Production of project deliverables to schedule, budget and quality expectations;
- Management of sub-contractors providing niche services to the design;
- Knowledge of electrical systems, control systems and process instrumentation;
- An ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings and requirement specifications;
- Experience in the nuclear industry or other highly regulated industry (e.g. Rail);
- Planning & allocation of work packages to members of the design team.
- A recognised engineering qualification such as HNC / HND / Degree;
- Membership of a relevant Institution (e.g. IET);
- Ability to work to tight deadlines & a strong team player attitude;
- 10+ Years’ experience in the role of design in a nuclear environment, or other equivalent highly regulated industry;
- Proven track record of successfully delivering design solutions;
- Good knowledge of detail design and detailed drawing production within a high tech industry environment.