Senior Electronic Test Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Electronic Test Engineer to join our team.
- Support the Chief Engineer in fault-finding / repair / design and manufacture of fixtures and other activities;
- Assist and mentor junior staff with regards fault-finding of products;
- To actively participate in the Company’s Continuous Improvement Programme;
- Review problems/persistent failures and report findings to generate preventative actions;
- To understand IPC standards with regard to own area;
- To generate and debug programs for Takaya Flying Probe Machine;
- To test assemblies in accordance with written procedures and achieve production delivery targets;
- To be able to diagnose any faults on assemblies down to component level;
- To be aware of company health and safety requirements;
- To follow instructions as indicated on BOM and route cards;
- To understand and implement necessary anti-static precautions.
- Excellent familiarity with basic and advanced electronic components and their in-circuit functionality;
- Supervisory experience / capability;
- Test Expert knowledge is desirable, however not essential as training can be provided;
- Strong communication skills and confidence in dealing with key customers;
- Thorough understanding of Testing Methodologies;
- Relevant electronics testing experience;
- High level of Fault-finding ability down to component level;
- Minimum ONC/HNC in Electronic Engineering, or equivalent experience;
- To be very competent in the reading of and interpretation of Circuit Diagrams, with respect to PCB assemblies and systems.