Senior Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Mechanical Building Services Design Engineer to join our team.
- You will be financially astute and work with the team leader to help monitor fee expenditure, resource and work delivered;
- You will lead the development of initial strategic concepts for projects ensuring solutions are appropriate for the brief and regulatory standards;
- You will be working on a varied portfolio of projects both in the UK and Internationally;
- Taking responsibility for solid technical delivery in your work either alone or part of a team.
- A Bachelors’ degree (or equivalent) in Building Services or an Engineering-related subject;
- Proficiency in relation to the relevant software necessary for Mechanical design e.g. HevaComp/CyMap/AutoCAD;
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Functioning use of Revit MEP is an advantage;
- Report writing skills, with good overall MS Office experience;
- An appreciation of quality assurance and business management;
- Good verbal communication skills;
- Available to travel short term in UK and overseas;
- Experience of working within Building Services engineering design consultancy practice;
- Knowledge and experience of UK regulations is essential;
- Working knowledge of AutoCad & Revit MEP;
- Thermal modelling experience would be an advantage;
- Qualification to Degree Standard in a relevant discipline, or equivalent experience and knowledge;
- Able to work effectively with colleagues and with a professional approach to external clients;
- Being able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.