Senior Piping Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Piping Engineer to join our team.
- Maintain required technical quality of work;
- Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule;
- Technically competent in own discipline and actively maintains own competence according to standards and pursues continuous professional development;
- Involvement in all project phases, from front-end design to detailed design & construction support;
- Proactive input to project schedules and management of key milestone delivery Awareness and a proactive approach to change management;
- Review of Supplier / Vendor documents;
- Attendance at meetings called by Project Manager / Engineer, e.g. kick-off meeting, progress meeting;
- Monitoring progress of work and achieving completion within the agreed schedule and budget. Reporting progress as per PD&MS systems and procedures;
- Ensure all supervised personnel are aware of continuous improvement issues of new technology;
- Ensuring operational and maintenance issues are addressed in the Piping design. Seeking input from operations and maintenance personnel;
- Compliance with quality assurance, health and safety and environmental policies;
- Communication with other disciplines on design and engineering issues;
- Knowledge of, and compliance with, PD&MS QHSE Systems;
- Remain up to date with technical developments, client, national and international standards and legislative requirements related to the position;
- Direction and supervision of Piping Engineers and Piping Designers.
- Experienced engineer with sound technical background and expertise;
- Experienced in quality control requirements and quality assurance for engineering work;
- Competent in design safety/environmental requirements, procedures and responsibilities for both self and subordinates;
- Bachelors Degree or Equivalent in appropriate engineering subject;
- Able to estimate man-hours and materials for delegated aspects of work;
- Experienced in the use of appropriate codes of practice, standards and relevant sections of statutory documentation;
- Competent in use of analytical methods used within discipline including theoretical background for analysis programs.