Plan and design structures, such as private residences, office buildings, theaters, factories, and other structural property.
Senior Planner Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Planner to join our team.
- Creating action plans for research: advising on quant questionnaires; analysing tracking studies and setting up and conducting qualitative research;
- Writing case studies and awards entries;
- Dealing with s106 agreements;
- Conduct site visits;
- Leadership skills –Able to facilitate and lead on the development of schedules with Stakeholders at all levels;
- Directs staff to operate and minimize exposure to claims;
- Supervises and directs Project Managers with multiple projects or program of projects;
- Carry out all works in compliance with Wood Corporate and Project specific procedures;
- Collection of data required to prepare detailed schedules using data gathered from the Wood Imperium systems;
- Raising of activities and coding structure in the selected planning software;
- Collaborates with the finance team to determine sales and budget plan for UK+;
- Implementing and exploiting new systems and processes to continually improve the buying-model;
- Manages portfolio of clients with multiple projects;
- Understanding project requirements and contract deliverables;
- Managing Planners to effectively deliver higher ASP, increased productivity rates, improved option efficiencies and synergies across all channels.
- Promotes a solution driven culture using latest technology;
- You’ll demonstrate influence and diplomacy in written and verbal presentations – both internally and externally facing;
- Believe in operating within a culture based on meritocracy – capability over experience;
- Stable track record of employment with a UK based main contractor;
- Proficient in Asta PowerProject and/or Microsoft Project planning software;
- Offers knowledge of the job – no desk jockeys here;
- Inspires new ideas every day backed by CMR’s culture of empowerment;
- Excellence in powerpoint, and visualization of concepts and data. Can bring to life a compelling strategic story on screen;
- You’ll demonstrate solid writing ability, and understand the value in accurate and well crafted presentations and proposals;
- You’ll convey credibility and maintain a positive professional image – both internally and externally;
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Planner;
- You’ll support the account and planning team in maintaining harmonious client relationships and communicate confidently with your client counterparts;
- Relevant industry qualification (Degree / HND / HNC);
- Tender and live works planning carried out on projects within sectors such as commercial, leisure, industrial, mixed use, and student accommodation;
- Confident presentation skills, confident in leading client meetings, has a range of meeting tools to hand to unlock issues and add value.