The Project Architect, Senior selects, evaluates, and implements architectural procedures and techniques used to complete projects. Responsible for minor or small architectural projects. Being a Project Architect, Senior may supervise and guide the work of lower-level architects. Prepares reports and specifications as requested. In addition, Project Architect, Senior typically requires the use of more advanced techniques. Requires a bachelor’s degree of architecture. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Requires a state architect’s license. Being a Project Architect, Senior contributes to moderately complex aspects of a project. Work is generally independent and collaborative in nature. Working as a Project Architect, Senior typically requires 4 to 7 years of related experience.
Senior Project Architect Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Project Architect to join our team.
- Managing project fees and resourcing schedule;
- Project running experience with a focus on commercial/ workplace schemes;
- Revit experience is preferred- to work on high end residential projects, single dwellings and multi-unit developments;
- To oversee other technical staff and mentor as required;
- Contribution to the wider business, involvement with fee proposals, competitions, pitches with a wider interest in practice wide development;
- Client facing with the ability to lead a team;
- Undertake client appointments and site visits;
- Contract Administrator / job-running and site experience is essential;
- This is a client facing role – excellent presentation and communication skills are essential;
- Dealing with planners and planning issues;
- Work and assist on multiple projects at one time;
- Thinking creatively to contribute/produce new ideas for projects alongside the team;
- Proven experience of driving projects forward – attention to detail and hitting deadlines.
- Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties, work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines;
- Must be RIBA / ARB UK qualified with minimum 5+ years’ experience with the majority of post qualification experience in the UK;
- Must be proficient in AutoCAD whilst experience in REVIT is also a distinct advantage;
- Relevant experience in bespoke design, residential & refurbishment for high-end domestic projects in the UK;
- Numerate, able to make accurate calculations with attention to detail;
- Well-presented and personable, with excellent communication and organisational skills;
- An interest in both commercial workplace and residential schemes;
- Able to work on own initiative with minimal supervision, multi-task and manage own workflow to ensure deadlines are met;
- Full UK Driving licence and car is essential;
- Contract Administration duties to assist the Architect Director in running and managing projects;
- Excellent Communication skills are paramount;
- A varied background of both early stage and delivery of schemes;
- Software requirements – Vectorworks, Revit experience beneficial, Sketch-up and Adobe package;
- Team-spirited with a bright & confident personality;
- IT literate, proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook.