Senior Purification Scientist – R & D Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Purification Scientist – R & D to join our team.
- Execute laboratory based scientific studies related to Downstream Processing;
- Support team resource planning, project management activities and prioritisation decisions;
- Lead technology implementation in development, pilot and manufacturing operations;
- Lead general laboratory organisation, activity planning and maintenance;
- Design, coordinate and support execution of cross-functional studies;
- Adhere to Safety, Health and Environmental practices; support safety and risk assessments;
- Comply with required GxP (Good Pharmaceutical Practice), documentation, data integrity and training standards;
- Author technical reports with scientifically supported conclusions and recommendations;
- Collate, evaluate and interpret complex data sets.
- Working understanding of regulatory requirements and / or GxP is desirable;
- Experience with technical or commercial operations in the manufacture of biological molecules is desirable;
- Working knowledge of analytical methods for characterization of biological molecules;
- Experience with use of statistical methods for DOE (design of experiements) design and multivariate data analysis;
- Experience with technology development, evaluation and implementation in bioprocessing and / or biotechnology discipline;
- You will have gained experience in a pharma or biopharma/CMO (contract manufacturing organisation);
- Experience with bioprocess unit operations modelling and / or bioprocess cost modelling;
- Have In-depth knowledge of preparative chromatography, tangential flow filtration, and virus retaining filtration.