Senior Tooling Engineer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Tooling Engineer to join our team.
- Test and design punch tool designs;
- Overseeing work orders, drawing and controlling any alterations regarding tool development;
- Monitoring tooling assembly builds and improving processes;
- Implementing procedures and tolerance;
- Assisting with tooling designs for prototypes and developing existing builds;
- Working CAD technicians to design and develop tooling systems;
- Documenting, reporting and communicating actions, irregularities and needs;
- Liaising with various departments and external suppliers.
- Press tool and jig manufacturing experience – preferable;
- Engineering qualifications/ apprenticeship – essential;
- 10+ years’ experience within manufacturing of tooling;
- Experience within mould or cast tooling – advantage.