Adjust and operate surveying instruments, such as the theodolite and electronic distance-measuring equipment, and compile notes, make sketches and enter data into computers.
Survey Technician Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Survey Technician to join our team.
- Attend and assist regarding logistics of asset to / from the vessel;
- Partly responsible for attending to the mobilization of Survey and IT equipmetn on the vessel and ROV;
- Responsible for uptime for Survey sensor and IT equipment and for organizing of replacement equipment if failure occurs.
- Certificate of apprenticeship in Electronic or IT;
- Good knowledge and understanding of IT systems and network;
- Fluent in English written and verbal;
- Follow up data backup routines on a daily basis;
- Perform repairs and planne routine maintenance on system and sensors;
- Oil and Gas UK or Norwegian Maritime Authority approved Health Certificate;
- Perform pre / post dive checks on survey sensors and report any findings to ROV Supervisor;
- Experience skill about survey sensors both on vessel and ROV systems;
- Electronic and IT education;
- Follow up error situations with 2nd and 3rd line of support on shore;
- Experience with following sensors and equipment: MBES, Depth Sensors Gyro / MRU/INS, Subsea positions systems and Surface position systems;
- Experience with managing daily routine tasks in IT systems;
- Basic knowledge of IT security, risks and most common attacks;
- Good knowledge and understanding of Online logging systems;
- IT knowledge.