Lead Product Designer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Lead Product Designer to join our team.
- 2+ years of proven track record of leading a product design team;
- Evangelise design within the business and externally(e.g. events, conferences);
- Experience in establishing / managing a design system;
- Proven record of leading design process through all the stages;
- Shape product design strategy together with all the stakeholders;
- Build a world-class team of product designers, mentor designers and help them set and achieve satisfying career goals;
- Lead & improve design process, facilitate discovery phase, optimise delivery phase;
- 6+ years in-depth knowledge and experience of mobile apps design;
- Strategic mindset, balancing design, product and marketing disciplines;
- A passion for user-centred design, experience with qual & quant research methods;
- Work closely with a Product Lead to identify opportunities for Badoo;
- Define our design language and standards together with a Lead Designer;
- Good communication, leadership & management skills;
- Some experience with brand design is a plus;
- Strong portfolio of case studies showing your skills.
- Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign;
- Knowledge/experience using a wireframing & prototyping tool (such as Balsamiq or Axure);
- 5+ years commercial design experience;
- Ideally team leadership experience or aspirations to become a team lead (soon);
- An understanding of Jobs To be Done & Business Model Canvas methodologies & associated Value Proposition creation would be an advantage;
- Ideally understanding and exposure to the Healthcare sector;
- A passion/interest in TV broadcasting and streaming services is required.