Mid-Level Product Designer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Mid-Level Product Designer to join our team.
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and detailed design rationale both verbally and visually;
- Contribute to the definition scope and phasing of project timelines;
- Contribute to the product design process, drive decisions, track issues, and assist in estimating resource needs and schedules;
- Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes visual designers, product owners, UX writers and developers.
- Must be a self-starter who will bring original ideas and fresh approaches to each project they work on;
- You seek out data for decision making and have experience conducting or supporting user research;
- Ability to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors and translate them into actionable deliverables;
- While providing the best user experience you understand business goals and constraints;
- A portfolio showcasing your product design work;
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Invision, Illustrator, Adobe CS;
- You have experience with atomic design systems, components and style guides;
- You have several years start-up, agency, studio or in-house experience focused on creating digital software products;
- Ability to collaborate with other designers and developers to envision and iterate concepts;
- Strong conceptual thinking;
- Must be an ego-free, thick-skinned person who can take and give clear feedback;
- Experience designing for consumer facing native apps – iOS and Android;
- Obsessed with getting the details right;
- Strong knowledge of user interface design processes and methodology, particularly as applied to Web-based applications;
- Strong self-management skills as well as ability to work as a contributing member of a multi-discipline team.