Develop and design manufactured products, such as cars, home appliances, and children’s toys. Combine artistic talent with research on product use, marketing, and materials to create the most functional and appealing product design.
Product Designer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Product Designer to join our team.
- You’ll work through design challenges from a deep understanding of the user-problem and user needs;
- Assisting with product testing to ensure compliance with regulations;
- You’ll translate insights from research and data into ideas for new products, then design the user flows and interactions to bring them to reality;
- Proactively develop product design solutions for internal tools to support security investigation, incident response and automation workflows;
- General administration;
- Stay informed about competitor products and industry trends;
- Working initially alongside the Technical Director and taking increased responsibility over time;
- Design flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant;
- To work as a member of a small team of commercial, manufacturing and technical colleagues on the evolution of the current and future machine ranges;
- Communicating with overseas factories;
- Set design guidelines, best practices and standards;
- Use special personas based on user research results;
- Build wireframes and prototypes around customer needs;
- Product design;
- Discuss designs and key deliverables to peers and executive level stakeholders.
- Communication skills;
- Experience designing for groups of people (international audiences, multi-language localisation, accessibility for people with disabilities, etc.);
- Self-motivated with an ability to hit deadlines and work independently;
- 2-4 years experience in designing mobile user interfaces for native mobile apps essential;
- Experience in creating interactive prototypes (Ideally Principle or Pixate; Proto.io, Invision also desirable);
- Having a side hobby in photography, videography, social media and illustration is a bonus;
- Startup experience, working within small, agile, cross-functional teams who deliver at pace;
- You have an eye for detail, and value quality in the work that the team produce;
- Good practical technical capability and good problem-solving skills;
- Must have URL or case studies featuring examples of interaction design work;
- You’ve designed digital products that users can access on any device – i.e. web, mobile and tablet – ideally in both B2C and B2B environments;
- Understanding of metal processing and machinery, where possible in Aluminium and Steel;
- Strong Stakeholder management with confident and clear communication skills;
- 7 years of mechanical design minimum.