Design core features of video games. Specify innovative game and role-play mechanics, story lines, and character biographies. Create and maintain design documentation. Guide and collaborate with production staff to produce games as designed.
Senior Game Designer Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Senior Game Designer to join our team.
- Documenting Creating vision and technical design documentation;
- Facilitate clear, practical design specifications determined in collaboration with Creative Director/Product Lead;
- Problem solving Proactively recognising design holes or imbalances in our early stage games and solving them;
- Communication Maintaining robust and frequent communications with the Prototype team, your design peers and studio management;
- Develop a deep understanding of our player needs and motivations in order to recommend improvements and maximise new features;
- Colloborate with stakeholders and lead the vision on the game within an experienced game team;
- Mechanics Develop new mechanics and iterating on existing ones to find the fun at the centre of our prototypes;
- Vision Helping to craft and establish the vision for new early stage games;
- Awareness Maintaining up to date industry and market awareness, ensuring the games remain competitive;
- Review and evolve the game economy to achieve commercial goals;
- Identify UX features and improvements to ensure engagement and retention is driven foreword.
- Verbal communication – work closely with devs to iterate product design;
- Visual communication – designing digital interfaces;
- Ideation and concept creation – continually generate ideas and development directions;
- Written communication – document creation for team and client communications;
- Verbal and visual communication – create presentation decks and present them.