Grounds Maintenance Operative Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Grounds Maintenance Operative to join our team.
- Grass cutting;
- Ensuring that the various clients sites are kept clean and tidy and free of litter;
- Processing, planting and potting trees and shrubs;
- Hedge cutting;
- You will be required to ensure that all sites and external areas are maintained to an exceptional and reputable standard;
- Experience in propagating, growing vegetables and flowers;
- Managing the upkeep of local green spaces as well as highways;
- Operating machinery such as hedge cutters, strimmers and tractor flails (if experienced);
- General ground maintenance duties using hand tools and powered horticultural machinery;
- To support ways of working to improve recycling, waste minimisation and maintenance of parks;
- Carry out general cleansing, waste management, grounds maintenance and park keeping duties as directed by supervisor;
- Working with hedge trimmers, lawn mowers and various other pieces of machinery;
- Preserving and sustaining machinery.
- Excavator / Digger driving;
- Previous experience in grounds maintenance or a similar role;
- Full UK Driving Licence with experience in driving a van;
- Previous experience of working with machinery;
- Certification in PA1, PA2 or PA6 spraying;
- The ability to work unsupervised to a high standard;
- Previous experience of working outdoors;
- Grounds maintenance;
- NPTC ( Chainsaw license).