Housekeeper works to ensure offices, patient/guest rooms, facilities, and other specified areas are kept in a clean and orderly condition. Responsible for general cleaning and maintenance duties which may include: vacuuming, dusting, item washing, trash collecting and proper sorting. Being a Housekeeper may require a high school diploma or its equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor. The Housekeeper possesses a moderate understanding of general aspects of the job. Works under the close direction of senior personnel in the functional area. May require 0-1 year of general work experience.
Housekeeper Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Housekeeper to join our team.
- Comply with security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation;
- Cleaning Kitchen;
- To ensure that whilst you carry out your duties you only use the correct colour coded mops, cloths, buckets etc that have assigned to those areas;
- Replenishing amenities;
- Report all defect materials, equipment and premises damage to the Front Desk;
- This role is for a minimum of 40 hours per week and includes evening and weekend shifts during the summer so flexibility is key;
- Ensure that personal hygiene and appearance including the uniform provided is of a high standard;
- Be able to talk to guests effectively about the resort and what is on offer;
- Attend weekly team meetings;
- Reporting any compliments, comments and/or complaints;
- Stripping and replacing linen;
- Manage the team’s health and safety;
- Ensuring all daily work schedules are completed on time and to the standards required;
- To assist the housekeeping for all resort bedrooms;
- Ensuring all equipment is maintained, cleaned and stored with any faults reported to the Home Manager.
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually;
- Caring nature;
- Flexibility and be able to adapt to the needs of Residents;
- Experienced looking after toddlers and new-borns;
- Self-assured and calm manner towards staff and passengers;
- Experienced 10 years or more would be ideal and previous references also would be ideal;
- Must be ok with pets, two dogs in particular;
- All cleaning duties at the house including washing and ironing;
- Cost and quality awareness;
- Specialist competence, ability to work under stress, reliability, creativity;
- UK Drivers licence required;
- A minimum of 6 months experience of working in housekeeping;
- Available for the full season;
- Strong time management;
- Leadership skills, capable of motivation.