The Store person maintains receipts, records, and withdrawals. Works in a small stockroom. Being a Store person receives and unpacks materials and supplies. Checks materials and supplies and reports when stock is low. In addition, Store person reports damages and discrepancies for accounting, reimbursement and record-keeping purposes. Requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager. Working as a Store person typically requires 1-3 years of related experience. May be entry level if some experience in the skill. Gains or has attained full proficiency in a specific area of discipline. Works under moderate supervision.
Stores Person Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Stores Person to join our team.
- Goods in and out;
- Oversee storage of products, particularly of fragile items;
- Enter purchase details (suppliers information, invoices and pricing) into internal databases;
- Ensure purchases do not exceed budget;
- Computer based inventory logging;
- Liaise with warehouse staff and other internal teams to test products’ quality (status upon delivery and storage conditions);
- Track shipments and address any delays;
- Coordinate regular inventory audits;
- Daily booking in and out of components, kits & finished products to achieve on time delivery of customer’s orders;
- Regularly reconcile physical stock to computerised records;
- Ensure that all goods are unpacked, receipted and stored safely and securely;
- Stock and date controls;
- This is a physical role and requires an organized systematic approach to ensure all daily tasks are completed;
- Maintain the flexibility of the department/company as required by Stores Supervisor.
- Strong organisational skills;
- Good communication and negotiation abilities;
- Experience of SAP is ideal or similar system;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written;
- Strong attention to detail with a high level of accuracy;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- Active participation in inventory audits;
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures;
- Be able to follow procedures;
- Be able to work independently, as well as working with the team;
- Ability to safely drive a Forklift;
- To be willing to learn how to operate the equipment;
- Have excellent attention to detail and accuracy;
- Use of measuring equipment e.g verniers, calipers and micrometers;
- Conversant with MRP systems.