Analyze financial information and prepare financial reports to determine or maintain record of assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liability, or other financial activities within an organization.
Accountant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Accountant to join our team.
- Participate in, deliver and arrange training both internally and externally;
- Advanced level in all MS Packages e.g. Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Provide ideas for new system developments;
- To apply financial expertise to high level problem resolution, using consistent technical judgement to guide the Council’s decision making;
- Reconciling VAT control accounts monthly;
- Assisting the payroll department as required;
- Taking part in business development activities;
- Self-assessment tax returns;
- Reviewing month-end reviews including VAT, bank reconciliations and management reports;
- Liaising with the auditors at year end, ensuring sign off to timetable;
- Assisting in the preparation and reporting of monthly management accounts (P&L / Balance Sheet / Cashflow Statement);
- Maintain adequate internal controls within accounting processes;
- Tax returns;
- P&L Review, monitoring actual spend against budget – variance analysis;
- Production of monthly management accounts.
- Proven experience of managing a client portfolio;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with good interpersonal and organization skills;
- Attention to detail and accuracy, deadline-oriented, the ability to prioritize, focus and work in a fast-paced environment;
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance required;
- Chartered Accountant is a plus;
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development;
- Experience in a fast paced accountancy role;
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Part/fully qualified accountant (ACA, CIMA, ACCA) or decent industry experience;
- This could be ideal for a candidate that has recently finished up from an accounting firm and looking to have their first hand in industry;
- At least 3 years experience working in a firm of accountants;
- Strong excel skills are important (VLOOKUP, pivots etc);
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Knowledge of sage 50.