Business Project Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Business Project Manager to join our team.
- Managing any internal and external IT suppliers to ensure delivery to scope, plan and budget;
- Managing and agreeing project scope and any change requests, escalating issues as required;
- Working closely with Business and IT stakeholders to ensure the project is mobilised and structured correctly;
- Client-orientated decision making;
- Tracking, monitoring and reporting to Client Directors;
- Assisting with proposals, contract reviews and negotiations;
- Line managing junior coordinators;
- Attending meetings and client pitches;
- Building and developing client relationships;
- Managing your own client portfolio;
- Ensure contract budgets are planned, loaded and controlled in line with Work Breakdown Structure;
- Develop effective collaboration with project teams and internal/external stakeholders;
- Manage and control contract estimate-at-completion, revenue and margin in line with budget;
- Ensure all Export Regulations are understood, adhered to and compliant;
- Ensure robust workload forecasts are maintained.
- Previous project management experience delivering projects of increasing size and complexity and using standard project management methodologies;
- Project Management standards qualified, e.g. Prince 2, APM etc;
- Strong computer skills including- Outlook, Excel, Visio, Word, PowerPoint, MS Project, SharePoint;
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles and methodologies;
- Proficiency with various software development life cycle (SDLC) methodologies including waterfall and Agile development;
- Manage multiple projects and/or work streams alongside the direction of project teams.