Chief Accountant Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Chief Accountant to join our team.
- Take responsibility for capital accounting and monitoring;
- Review financial processes, including the recommendation of improvements and taking lead on improvements where necessary;
- Coordinate and lead on annual production of accounts;
- Provide a range of technical accounting advice to staff within the organisation, to ensure controls and standards are adhered to;
- Overview and quality assurance of capital accounting, including the upkeep of the Capital Asset Register;
- Assist in management of treasury;
- Assist in transforming the division, particularly streamlining and quickening the closedown process;
- Management and training of Finance Team;
- Technical lead for organisation’s financial accounting services;
- Day to day management of the team, allocating work effectively and managing delivery of deadlines and performance management;
- Managing and developing the production of statutory Financial Reporting of the council.
- Knowledge of financial governance within Local Authorities;
- Experience of working as a senior Finance Professional in a large and complex organisation ideally with some public sector experience;
- Advanced ability to extract and manipulate relevant financial data from the core financial information system;
- CCAB Qualified Accountant;
- Demonstrable and proven experience of employing continuous improvement techniques to improve financial management;
- Must have a clear understanding of the diverse nature of Harrow’s communities and Harrow’s workforce, and the implications for service delivery.