Construction Managers Construction managers plan, coordinate, budget, and supervise construction projects from start to finish.
Construction Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Construction Manager to join our team.
- Constantly strive to obtain maximum productivity and economical use of labour and equipment in order to keep costs within budget;
- Ensure, before any variation work is carried out by a Vendor / Sub-Contractor that an authorised instruction has been provided;
- Ensure high standard of work across all projects;
- Authorise or refute all Vendor / Sub-Contractor claims for delay, waiting time or abortive work;
- Experience in construction digitisation including Advanced Work Packaging and 4D visualisation;
- Study, assess and verify all Construction drawings, specifications and instructions and escalate any issues identified;
- Be responsible for each projects overall performance;
- European Experience, specifically the Benelux region;
- Create business processes and control systems to improve business function and organisation;
- Regular progress reporting;
- Oversee coordination of staff, tradespeople, agents and suppliers including delegating to Site managers;
- Manage timescales and accountability;
- Order and manage materials including coordinating deliveries for each project;
- Provide support and training to Construction personnel, ensuring personnel are competent and possess the required skills;
- Maintain primary contact and a good working relationship with Vendor / Sub-Contractor Management and site representatives.
- Trade, Degree or Diploma in Civil Engineering, Construction or other similar qualifications;
- At least 5 years Construction Experience work for a fitout contractor;
- Good knowledge of statutory regulation and code of practice;
- Experience in managing trade conductors / vendors.