Project Manager – Construction oversees and directs all phases of a construction project. Designs and implements project plans. Being a Project Manager – Construction communicates directly with contractors/designers concerning project cost, staffing, and scheduling. Prepares project status reports and works to ensure plans adhere to contract specifications. Additionally, Project Manager – Construction requires a bachelor’s degree of engineering. Typically reports to a manager. The Project Manager – Construction manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. To be a Project Manager – Construction typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 – 3 years supervisory experience may be required. Extensive knowledge of the function and department processes.
Construction Project Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Construction Project Manager to join our team.
- Place sub-contract orders and prepare sub-contract payment schedules for approval;
- Order materials and plant;
- Create the construction programme;
- Planning co-ordination;
- Section 106 co-ordination;
- Risk assessments;
- Attend weekly internal team meetings to communicate work completed and next actions;
- Advise on contract procurement routes, selecting appropriate contractors and professional teams;
- Managing project handover and ensuring defect / snag free completion;
- Establishing effective processes and systems to be utilised on the project;
- Carrying out technical due diligence to potential spaces of interest;
- Adopting the principles of the Considerate Constructors Scheme and managing community relations;
- Work with Procurement Manager to challenge all suppliers to achieve best value procurement;
- Evaluating the success of the project against benchmarks;
- Monitoring and documenting project progress.
- Good commercial awareness;
- Able to travel frequently;
- Teamwork and team leadership;
- A working knowledge on Auto CAD, Microsoft Project, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint;
- QS background or strong financial knowledge is crucial;
- Excellent written communication skills;
- Interpersonal and team-working skills;
- Supervision of trades/sub–contractors, H&S, etc;
- Must have experience as a Project Manager on residential or commercial projects;
- Understanding of Health & Safety requirements including Risk & Method Statements;
- Site experience or a main contractor background is desirable;
- Strong organisational and time management skills;
- You will be required to hold a CSCS and/or SKILLcard (The Company are able to support the obtaining of this, if required).