The Contracts Manager manages contract administration staff and provides guidance on complex contracts. Prepares proposals, negotiates contracts, and administers commercial and government contracts in accordance with company policies and legal requirements. Being a Contracts Manager typically reports to a director or top management. Requires a bachelor’s degree. The Contracts Manager manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs. True first level manager. Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets. Has full authority for personnel actions. Working as a Contracts Manager typically requires 5 years experience in the related area as an individual contributor. 1 – 3 years supervisory experience may be required. Extensive knowledge of the function and department processes.
Contracts Manager Job Description Template
Our company is looking for a Contracts Manager to join our team.
- Daily liaison with clients and working supervisors/chargehands for reports and updates regarding the progression of projects;
- Provide strategic advice on the overall Launchpad 2 project as required;
- Overseeing the management team, and project Control within the business;
- Updating of the programme works, preparation of performance and current status reports;
- Dealing with Customer Care issues in a professional and timely manor;
- Ensuring that work streams are planned and delivering on schedule and on budget;
- Maintain Quality of work in accordance with SLA and KPI;
- Liaison with BI and Finance colleagues –within the CSU and with CCG and Provider colleagues;
- Resolve legal queries of varied nature relating to all aspects of the business as required;
- Log service calls and book service calls;
- Populate procurement schedule with key dates in accordance with the contract programme;
- Liaise with the Grants and Marketing team to ensure that the program is communicated across the relevant areas;
- Prepare weekly labour forecasts as necessary;
- Contract Management – Leading and facilitating in Contract Baseline Reviews (CBR);
- Support the development of commercial negotiation strategies.
- An understanding of cost and pricing techniques and contract finance issues would be beneficial;
- A good level of commercial and business acumen;
- End to end project experience;
- Dealing with projects valued up to £1 million;
- Professional qualification in Management or a related discipline;
- Professional, confident, responsible, conscientious, punctual, highly organised and self-motivated;
- Contractual awareness;
- HNC/HND or degree level equivalent in a related construction subject;
- Company matched pension and a range of flexible benefits designed to suit your lifestyle;
- Experience in contract drafting;
- Self-motivated and flexible and have the drive to achieve the company and client’s targets;
- Liaisons with BI and Finance colleagues –within the CSU and with CCG and Provider colleagues;
- Ideally, membership of an appropriate professional institution;
- The review and negotiation of client contracts and other agreements;
- Longevity in previous roles, stable career history.